Friday, December 12, 2008

Mini-Jane and Shannon celebrate the 11th of the Month!

Here are some pictures of Mini-Jane and I celebrating the 11th of the month last night! It got a little wild. If you are wondering what the 11th of the month is... read the following email that I got from my friend Jane yesterday. ENJOY!

Hello Ladies,

Disclaimer - I already mentioned this to Shan. But I didn't want to leave you out when sending an email to the RC girls, Shannon.

So, today marks 9 months until I am on my way back to the USA. YAHOO!!!! One of my friends here started a ritual on the 11th of every month. She drinks a bottle of wine (we're hardcore over here) to celebrate one month down until we go home. As she has told us all about it, we have adopted the tradition.

So, now, I am inviting you to join me. On the 11th of every month, have a drink (Heather - stick to juice until John gets here!) in honor of me returning. I go for wine - it is cheap and girls can drink it here without too many quesitons - but you are welcome to whatever drink you choose. My sister Kara has joined the club already. It is a fun club to be in! And remember, you're not drinking alone if we are together in spirit :-)

I will send out monthly reminders - I can't expect you guys to have my Close of Service date ingrained on your brains.

I hope you all are having wonderful weeks. I miss you terribly. See you soonish!

Love,
Jane



Mini-Jane and I drinking together...


Mini-Jane likes her flavored Smirnoff!


A bottle of french Wine!


And a pint of something bubbly (I think she may have snuck some of my wine cooler into her giant mini-mug!)


Mini-Jane got to hang with the kitties for a while! Here she is getting a hug from Tater Tot.


Hanging with Hank!


Cowgirl doesn't quite no what to think of mini-Jane. For some reason, mini-Jane kept calling Cowgirl "Ellabella".


The kitties then convinced Mini-Jane to take a spin on the mechanical mouse!


<

Mini-Jane finally started to slow down...


She spent some time talking to the mini-blue toilet!


After a while... I was able to tuck mini-Jane in for the night. She needed a good night sleep b/c she will be traveling today!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So many comments...let's see: 1)Shannon, I really like your sweater. 2) I also really like the bedding in the last shot. Very pretty. Is it new? 3) The mechanical mouse shots are awesome. 4) Where in the world does one get a mini-toilet?

Suzanne said...

Mini-Jane arrived safely in Herndon last evening and is spending the day at work with Jane's mom. Tonight she's going to check out her sister Kate's new digs. She plans to spend Christmas with family and friends in Herndon but will probably move on to something more exciting for New Year's Eve.Pictures will be forthcoming!

Kate said...

Shannon, I love these! I'm going to join the 11th of the month club, too--maybe with a root beer, though. I have some rum around here somewhere, but I don't think a bottle of rum once a month is a great idea...