Monday, May 18, 2009

new pictures of Biff (yup... he has a name!)

Here are some pictures of Biff from this weekend... We moved his carrier out into the family room so he can get used to the noises of daily living (now that his ear canals are open and he can hear!). Paisley is his surrugate mommy and even stole him from me when I was trying to get him to potty (he was screaming, so she grabbed him by the scruff and took off with him). She is usually pretty close by when I have him out, she likes to groom him and then look up at me for assurance and an occasional kiss from mommy. He is not to sure about all of it though... he still recogonizes my scent as mommy. ... but, I can't groom him like she does. He now weighs almost 12 ounces... and to put things in perspective for my mom and others that aren't up on how big (or little that is... he is about 3 sticks of butter! He was less than one stick when I got him! So his he doing really well on the bottle. He has also started walking.... not all that well, but walking nontheless. His ankle is still a little swollen, but better than it was. I don't think I am going to be able to keep him on "bed rest" for his ankle for too much longer (I don't want to delay the natural progress of his development) oh yeah, he can also tell when he has to go potty b/c he will start to whimper and cry. ... which is good that he is recognizing the need to potty... next step... litter box (once he is walking a little better) and I hope to have him lapping milk/wet food glop out of a bowl by the end of the week or weekend.



<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, You sure do have your hands full....He is so cute! Love Mom