My baby Stachie turned 1 yesterday!! I know... I can't believe it either! He is all grown up now, and this morning... mr. one year old decided he didn't need to get back in bed with mommy and lick/suckle my hand! Over the last year he (and I) have gotten in the habit of getting back in bed after I shower so he can lay on my chest and lick my hand. He screams and cries on the bed if I am running a few minutes behind. Hopefully now that he is an official big boy he doesn't decide that he doesn't need me as much! While he has been a big (well...huge!) cat for quite some time, he has still acted like a little kitten.... I guess he had to grow up sometime. And, he is very pre-occupied with little Emmy right now. Emmy is doing well. She plays with all the other kitties and likes to hang out with us while we are in the bathroom (I don't know what it is about me and cats in bathrooms...even Heidi's cat Wesley would hang out in the bathroom with my while I tinkled??!?!?!?!). She has learned the art of drinking water from the faucet and is quite fond of it. And... for such a tiny little cat, I have noticed I am refilling the food bowls a lot more than I ever did...and that is also backed up by what I am scooping out of the box. I don't know if everyone is eating more now...or if Emmy just eats and poops more than normal cats! It is insane! I am thinking of making a new feeding station with bigger bowls! Another thing to add to the very long to do list.
ok... back to kitties. Stachie turned one yesterday and we celebrated with a big plate of yum yums (wet food) and he got a new super bouncy ball (from the little vending machines at walmart)... he loves those balls. However the yum yums won out last night and the ball rolled somewhere... I'll have to look for it this morning.
Next kitty birthday... Gilbert will be 4 years old on 24th of this month!
Here is a picture of Stachie on the day I rescued him from the hood (he would probably fill up the entire basket now!):

Here is a picture of my big boy--all 15+ pounds--taken last week!
1 comment:
Happy birthday, Stachie!
Post a Comment