After my pre-op appointment and a little nap, I stained the walkway pavers yesterday as a way to just be outside and take my mind off of everything! I guess lots of people are getting into the concrete staining thing lately (I have seen a lot of it on HGTV) but they must not like the colors once they are mixed...both of these cans were in the "oops" bins at different stores. One is more brown and the other has more red tones in it. You can't really tell from these pictures, but I ended up doing all the random larger blocks in red and doing the rest in the brown...throwing a random small red one in there from time to time. It took about three hours yesterday afternoon... so by the time I was done... I was exhausted. I will try and get a picture of the finished project soon. The brown has seemed to lighten up a good bit overnight... so I may try and go back over the whole thing with another coat of brown....this time I will use a roller instead of the little sponge brushes!
Labor Day Breakfast
2 weeks ago



2 comments:
I've seen the staining on HGTV, too. It looks really great on your walk!
Shannon, It looks great.....Mom
Post a Comment