
This handsome gentleman is my nephew, Cliff! I am a proud aunt... especially since he loves me lots and lots (and then there is the little bit about me coming up with his name!!). His daddy, my brother-Chuck, wanted a name that suited his lifestyle... backpacking, hiking, sleeping under the stars at Red River Gorge. ... they frequently slept on cliff's... Many people assume he was named after Clifford the Big Red Dog...or my great-uncle Clifford (whose house Cliff and the rest of his family now call home). No, Cliff was named after cliffs... And this past weekend, he lived up to his name. He fell off a 50+ foot high cliff. It took my my brother a couple of hours to get to him. Cliff was unable to walk... so Chuck drug him where he could and carried him the rest of the way (mostly down steep rocks). After a trip to the Emergency Vet, Cliff surprisingly had no broken bones!!! but, being that he is like 80 in human years... his arthritis flaired up greatly. Chuck has been taking Cliff back-packing since he (cliff) was like 6 months old. He even gets to carry in his own supplies in his very own backpack! Once, he left his favorite toy out at a site. My brother said he knew Cliff didn't have it, I asked him why he didn't grab it for him. He said he told Cliff to get his toy and its his own fault for leaving it behind. ahhh... brothers. I think they found the toy on their next trip! As for my wonderful nephew, I guess his eye sight and depth perception aren't as good as they used to be. I asked Chuck if that would be Cliff's last camping trip... he, of course, said no! Cliff loves to camp... just no more cliffs for my nephew, Cliff!

2 comments:
Awwww...that's one handsome dog. :)
I'm so glad he's okay! He is a cutie :)
Post a Comment