Tuesday, May 6, 2008

small things...

Have you ever stopped to think about how it can take just a small little thing to remind you of a much bigger thing...

They are taking down a building next to my parking garage. It was a relatively small building--for what you would find on a college campus. Just two stories high. I wish I would have had my camera last week, but here are some pictures from this morning. Every time I walk past this area, I can't help but think of 9/11 and how massive ground zero must have been. I see these guys ripping through the rubble and tearing things apart and then remember how gingerly they were trying to go through the rubble at ground zero: out of respect for the lives lost, and in attempts to recover some of the lives lost...


3 comments:

Heidi said...

Sad, but true. Such an interesting point, Shannon.

Anonymous said...

We should never forget. When things are going good, you do sometimes forget. Mom

AMT said...

It is funny how things like 9/11 still lurk right underneath the surface.