Tuesday, April 28, 2009

no fun....

well... I will get into the details later... but I have had some complications since my surgery. Well... I had a period. Yeah, that is right. I had a period after a hysterectomy. The pathology of my uterus showed that I actually had endometriosis within the muscular walls of my uterus. ... and, while rare... I am probably the one freak of nature where the endometriosis creeped its way down into my cervix. thus... another period with cramping and heavy clotting. Not too many options. The main point of my surgery was to not have periods so that I could get off of the birth control pill (which I had to take to control my endometriosis)... anyway... basically boils down to the fact that I am more than likely going to have to have another surgery to remove my cervix. Sucks. sorry for the language...but there is no other way to say it. this bites and I am pretty ticked off about it. Supposedly there is like a 7 - 11% chance of people who keep their cervix have light monthly periods or spotting... well... that was not disclosed to me prior to my surgery. Had it been, that cervix would have been long gone... b/c I know my body and how strong my hormones are (I have pulled people out of menopause! seriously, just ask my boss). Anyway... I am not happy about the situation. and I really hope that we don't have to pay the full amount again. that would not be good... especially since I was not given all the info in the beginning. I have yet to talk to my doctor. she left a message for me on the machine today, but was in labor and delivery all day. I am hoping to talk to her tomorrow. I will keep you all posted. Keep your fingers crossed for my sanity...it is really being tested right now.

1 comment:

AMT said...

Oh, man. I can't believe that. I had no idea someone could get a period just with a cervix. I hope everything works out okay!