Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers for Wheezie (they mean a lot to me!) She goes in for her second surgery today...basically an exploratory surgery to find out what we are dealing with, and if it is something that can be fixed. She has been making some minor improvements, but she is not where the vets were hoping she would be after a week of ICU treatment. From the sounds of it... her prognosis is about 50/50, if that. But, I can't put a price on life... especially hers. She has brought so much joy (and a little snot! and attitude! ) to our lives. I am praying for the best, but almost expecting the worst (I guess I am trying to lessen the blow, should it come to that). It has definitely been a roller coaster ride of emotions lately. I guess I need to get myself in the frame of mind to put her well being and quality of life before my emotions. I just really don't want to be the one to make the decision.
2 comments:
Oh dear. I am sending so many prayers down your way, Shannon. You will do what you need to do, no matter what. And what you do will be the right choice. That's the kind of cat-mom you are. :)
I just want to add that I'll be praying for you all, too. My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment