Monday, August 20, 2007

Tipsy

Tipsy flipped out on Mike and I this weekend...scratching us both up pretty good. She got me first, while I was holding her to give her her meds. Before I could get the pill in her...she flipped out, I lost control of her and she was under the bed before I knew it. I climbed under their after her... and got stuck!! I done squezzed myself half to death under the bed! (That was for Jane). While I was trying to wiggle myself free... MIke got Tipsy. and she freaked out on him while he was holding her. Needless to say... she is now being confined to the bathroom while we await the arrivial of her new cage. Poor thing is just so freaked out. She cowers and whinces everytime I try and touch her... she looks like one of those dogs you see that have been abused and are totally untrusting of humans. I don't know what is going on.. She was't like this a few months ago...and she hasn't been abused since then either!! The only thing I can think of is that this kitchen remodel has totally freaked her out. I am thinking of putting the cage in one of the family rooms when it comes...that way Tipsy is forced to be around us and will hopefully get more comfortable with us and learn to trust us again.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Yikes! Poor Tipsy, but beyond that, poor Shannon and Mike! It sounds like your plan is a good one. This cat is a real fixer-upper, but if anyone can help her, it's you guys. :)

AMT said...

I'm so sorry you all had to go through that. Poor kitty. Maybe she can see ghosts and it has her all freaked out.

Shannon said...

Thanks girls... I hope she isn't seeing ghosts...b/c that would mean that there are ghosts in my house!!

Her cage should be getting here tomorrow or Thursday! Mike is having trouble remembering to shut the bathroom door. so, she is getting out. hopefully he will remember to keep the door shut today.