Wheezie is still in the kitty ICU. They have been doing daily ultrasounds of her abdomen. There has been some fluid in there. It has lots of neutrophils in it...but no bacteria or food particles. She is still not eating on her own. She ate a little on her own on
Sunday...but other than that, she shows no interest in food. They have upped her syringe feeding from 5 cc's every 4 hours to 10 cc's every 4 hours. She is holding everything down ok. But... the vet is not happy with the progress, or lack there of, so far. She was hoping that Wheezie would be eating on her own by yesterday (Monday). And...the fluid she be gone. She is concerned that the antibiotics are just keeping a more serious problem from getting any worse...but it isn't making things much better either. So... it is looking like she is going to have to go in for surgery again. I have the worst feeling about this. Deep down...I don't think it is going to be good. They have been warning all along about some weak areas in her duodonum that they were unable to repair last time b/c of location. If those areas have gotten worse... there is nothing that they can do. I am really close to having an anxiety attack right now. If they are going to have to do surgery...I want it to be done sooner than later. I just want to know.
Oh ... I'm not going to be worth crap here at work today. There is no way that I am going to be able to concentrate on anything other than Wheezie.
Labor Day Breakfast
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Oh, no! Shannon, I am so sorry that they have to do surgery again. Poor kitty. And poor Shannon. Let us know how everything turns out.
Post a Comment