Friday, July 24, 2009

Gnome sweet Gnome... almost!

Well, Dollenmayer the Gnome has a Home... almost. I started it last night, and still need to do some more work (stain/paint/seal the wooden roof, door, fence, mailbox, etc). By the smile on his face, I would say that he is pleased with the progress so far. I have to admit... I did not make the house structure. While I was getting ready to make one, I noticed the bat house that we purchased when we bought our house - but never installed. It was just sitting on a shelf in the workshop under our house... it was same size and shape of what I wanted to build! Yay for me, all I had to do was cut out a base, a door, window, mailbox... and then screw and glue everything together. I used the leftover thin-set from my bathroom tile job to apply the stones. I am thinking that Dollenmayer and his house will eventually end up in my shade garden (somewhere along side our new walkway behind the house). I am even thinking of going back to Big Lots and getting Dollenmayer's buddy (they had another gnome there, his size...but holding a shovel). We have a lot of yard... so I am sure that he could use the extra set of hands. They will have to share the Gnome Home though... I don't think I want a little gnome village in my yard! (not quite ready for that yet... this whole gnome thing is still new to me!).

No comments: