This is mini-Rooney. ... aka, my friend Allison"s Grandma. Sadly, the real Rooney passed away earlier this year. She had been planning a trip (a European cruise) with her daughter Mimi (Allison's mom)...but when she (the real Rooney) realized that she wasn't going to be making the trip, she asked her granddaughter (Allison) to go in her place. Allison then asked me to make a Mini-Rooney doll for her mom... to take on the trip with them. I went a little overboard (no pun intended) with this one... I even raided my barbie collection that I had been saving. In the suitcase is a camera, binoculars and a hairdryer. and... those are some vintage (~ the 70's) knee high barbie boots that Rooney is rockin'! Mini-Rooney has been a hit with Allison's family and Allison's mom is posting pictures of Rooney's adventures on her facebook page!! They recently arrived in their state room on the cruise ship and Mini-Rooney is now soaking up some sun on the veranda!
Labor Day Breakfast
2 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment