So... many of you probably don't know this, but I have been searching for a garden gnome all sumer. I found one on the other side of town earlier this year, debated getting it... didn't get it... and have regretted it ever since (but the thing was over $30). There was only one there ... so I never made the trek back to that side of town... not wanting to be disappointed if it wasn't. Instead, I have spent the summer looking for a suitable gnome in just about every store I go into (gnomes are just about everywhere!). But, I just didn't see any that I liked... until this past Saturday. I had some time to waste between Operation Catnip set-up and picking Biff up after his surgery, so I wandered into a Big Lots. ... and I found a gnome!! He is a little smaller than I had been hoping for. But, now that I have him... I love him. And, I think his size will be easier to work with when I start making him a gnome home! yup... that is right, this gnome is looking for his home... as you can see from the pictures, he hasn't had much luck finding a suitable place to live here at my work (which makes sense, since gnomes are supposed to be earth dwellers and caretakers of nature). So... I have decided to build him a home. I have very grandious plans for his house... lets hope they work out (you should see some of the gnome homes I have seen online...quite impressive). In my gnome research and have also learned that all gnomes need names. I am open for suggestions, but must tell you that I am leaning towards "Dollenmayer." (which is my maternal grandmother's maiden name).
oh, and yes Heidi, I am planning on making him a little sign that says "Gnome sweet Gnome"!!!

The unsuccessful search for a gnome home at my work....



1 comment:
Awww...he's cute. What a happy looking fellow!
Post a Comment