This kitten season has been especially bad. I think the condition of the economy isn't helping... people are having to re-home their pets, or turn them out to fend for themselves (often before getting them fixed and vaccinated). As a result, their are many--way too many--abandoned or unwanted pets out there.
My friend Janette was taking care of 3 orphaned kittens... I baby sat them for a weekend (when they were just 2 weeks old) and kept the little boy for a week (the one I had to tube feed). Anyway... all three of the kittens passed away over the course of the last week. Very sad news. I can't even begin to imagine what Janette is going through... all the time and energy put in to late night feedings, etc. and, there is no real way to find out what happened or caused it. they were doing good and getting bigger (I think they were 6 or so weeks old) and then just went down hill quickly, all of them passed away within a week of each other.
then... to top that news off. On Saturday, someone in our neighborhood ran over a 8 -12 week old kitten in broad daylight... I couldn't let the poor thing lay there any longer (I passed it on the street twice) before stopping, gently cleaning it up off the street and then taking it home to bury it. poor baby. a black and white kitty about the same size as little Biff. Makes me so angry at people. I really wanted to go knock on the door of the house where I think it came from (where Tipsy and Turtle the Tiny Tortie came from). ... I drove by while taking the kitten to my house, bit my lip and kept driving...
Labor Day Breakfast
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment