As many of you know (or have heard)... Life is never dull when you have a house full of young cats. With all of our cats being 5 and under... there is rarerly a dull moment.
The Tale of Buried Treasure:
Lately, Tatey (aka Tater Tot) has become completely obsessed with her little fur mice. She carries them all over the house crying. She is constantly dropping them at my feet or in my lap for me to throw it, so she can chase/fetch it. She has even dropped one into the bathtub while I was getting a shower. Yesterday, however... she sunk to a new low. I am shaking my head just thinking about it. I guess she got bored yesterday while I was at work. ... so she buried her mouse. and where might she have buried it??? Well, lets just say, I got a nice surprise while scooping the litter box when I got home... a bright orange mouse came peaking up through the litter. And the best part... Tatey was sitting behind me crying for me to throw her mouse the whole time I was scooping (even prior to me finding it)... so she new it was there and was just waiting for me to throw it. Had she been my first cat, I probably would have been grossed out and immediately thrown it away. Upon a brief once over... it looked ok. So I touched it to see it is was wet... nope. Sniffed it to see if it smelled... nope. Alrighty then, it was then dusted it off and I threw it across the room. She/we played with it for the rest of the night.
Bath Time:
If you know me well, then you know how much I LOVE to take baths. It helps me relax at night... I just love to soak in the bath or the hot tub. So, as you can imagine... it was a very LONG 6 weeks after my surgery since I wasn't allowed to soak in the bath tub or hot tub! Very very long. This last week... I have been restriction free and enjoying my baths once again! The cats have been enjoying them also... they have always enjoyed spending time in the bathroom with me... sitting on the edge of the tub trying to decifer the ins and outs of water. It really perplexes them that they can see my arms and legs... but they get wet when they try to touch them. Heads tilt in one direction, then the other. Baby Biff didn't hesitate to join in... after a few attempts, he was able to jump up onto the ledge of the bathtub. Hank almost knocked Biff into the water. My quick reaction/motion to keep the baby out of the water scared the cats and they quickly scurried out of the bathroom. I thought that the baby may have been scared enough to stay out of the bathroom for a while...or atleast off of the bathtub ledge... nope. That kitten isn't afraid of anything. He quickly jumped back onto the ledge and soon did something none of my other cats have ever done... he climbed onto my chest and curled up under my chin! Yup... he has gotten into the bath tub with me! Granted he stays completely dry b/c we have the worst and most uncomfortable bath tub for soaking... but it has become quite routine. The other night, I actually had to pick him up and move him so I could get out of the tub! He was sound asleep on my chest.... crazy kitten!
Labor Day Breakfast
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
that bath story is pretty cute!
What bravery to sniff something that comes out of the litter box! Let's hope she doesn't make a habit of burying her treasure there. Wesley still sometimes drops his toys in the toilet. Lovely.
Post a Comment